Another strong candidate would be Hester Alberdingk Thijm. Currently Director AkzoNobel Art Foundation. As well as among many other posts, vice-chair of the board of trustees for the Fries Museum / Prinsessehof and a member of the Mondriaan Fund Supervisory Board.
Mariëtte Dölle might be ready for a new challenge. Sine 2016 she is the director of Museum Kranenburgh in Bergen. She worked as artistic director of TENT platform for contemporary art Rotterdam before that. One of her other roles is as an advisor for The Amsterdam Fund for the Arts (AFK).
Art historian Emily Ansenk would also be a great choice. The director of the Kunsthal in Rotterdam was director of the privately owned Frisia Museum before she being appointed in 2009. There she helped develop and build up the collection and the museum.
The last name I want to highlight here is Deirde Carasso the director of the Stedelijk Museum Schiedam. The art historian started her career at the Nationaal Archief before moving to Museum Boijmans van Beuningen in 2006.
Other names to look out for are:
- Angelique Spaninks the director of MU and Strijp S. in Eindhoven.
- Meta Knol the director of Museum De Lakenhal in Leiden.
- Patty Wageman the director of Museum de Buitenplaats in Eelde.
- Lisette Pelsers the director of the Kröller-Müller Museum in Otterlo.
- Saskia Bak the director of Museum Arnhem.
- Carin Reinders the director of Museum CODA in Apeldoorn.
- Els van Odijk former director of the Rijksacademie Amsterdam.
- Jet Bussemaker former minister of culture in the Netherlands
- Birgit Donker former director of the Mondriaan Fund.